Monday, July 16, 2012

Its been a while.

Yes, it has been a while since my last post.  There is so much to write about yet I never seem to have my key board in hand to start entering the thoughts running through my mind.  That in itself may not be a good thing as these thoughts tend to create too many run on sentences and blended ideas.

Much is happening in the world and it usually is not pleasant.  I have gotten to the point that when I see a political commercial I hit the mute button. I have tired of hearing Mr. Obama bash business through his attacks on Mr. Romney and BainCapital and I am equally tired of hearing Mr. Romney's ads calling Mr. Obama a liar. Come on folks, wake up, we live in a world economy where the parts of American made automobiles are manufactured oversees and assembled in Mexico or Canada and Foreign manufactures buy their electronics out of Huntsville Alabama and assemble in Tennessee. And while I agree with very little of Mr. Obama's policies I don't think he cares any less for this Country than I and I don't believe he is a lier.

What I am most tired of is this myopic view of a Utopian life that isn't real. The Fourth Branch of Government (News Media) is so shallow in its understanding of what is going on with any issue it is no longer a trusted source for educated information and does little more than propagate the story of the day that will generate the most ratings for its network. This lack of depth causes me great consternation.  I see the problems and I see the answers and again, I am frustrated that others will not take the time to look. While we may not agree on how to go about a solution we can agree on the goal. If we can do that, just maybe we can come to a compromise on how to achieve the goal. It is a shame we consider compromise an art.   

When you point your finger at someone in blame, three fingers are pointing back at you.  This is especially true in politics.  We all want Health care reform but what we received through the Supreme Court Ruling was a mandate to buy insurance.  Hardly reform. Not once has any body tried to address why insurance costs are so high. We complain constantly that there are not enough taxes or there are too many taxes yet no one in Congress will take the time to determine if our tax structure even makes sense for today's economy.

Congress has as much responsibility for the problems we face in this country as anybody yet they somehow always seem to be able to point their finger elsewhere. The Ds have no monopoly on raising taxes and both parties have never looked at eliminating a program created by a prior congress.

We are a lazy country.  A country of complainers who have no clue at how good life actually is in  the USA. Our forefathers wanted us to participate.  We can't even do that well.  Its easier to complain and do nothing than it is to think of how to make constructive change and to find solutions that we can agree on.

Well, I have given this enough thought for the day and will think of something else to write about later.  Hopefully there will not be as big a gap in time for my next missive.

Bud

No comments:

Post a Comment