Saturday, March 3, 2012

A beginning.

Giving a speech one day, a friend introduced me saying "what do you call a person that is in politics but not a politician, who writes law but is not a lawyer?" I have often thought about this introduction. Yes, I am around the law and directly in the midst of politics. While conservative, my views are different than most of similar and opposite standing. And, I often tire of surface level thinking people take in forming opinions. Yes I said it. I all too often watch people, left and right, form opinions without ever looking deep into what is or has happened. I see people blindly believe in someone or hate another based on emotion and void of rational thought. I know, we live in a democracy where the elected represent the ideas of those who elect them, yet, those that elect really don't know what they do and blame their actions on others.  A vicious circle  it is. None the less, whether anybody reads my blog or not, I now have an outlet. An outlet to improve my craft of writing and my ability to provide a deeper level of thought. In doing so, I reserve the privilege to express ideas outside of that for good public policy and informed election. I also reserve the opportunity to write about other important facets of my life such as music, AMA or Riverside or absolutely nothing important at all. So, lets see where this take us and if it is even meaningful in the first place.  So it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment